Monday, April 18, 2016

Weekly Update Week 14


It is done. I write this post from the Other Side of Visions6. After running around for nearly 24 hours and falling into a small coma over the weekend, I am prepared to reflect on the day. 

What I did at V6: Since I did not have a job to do until the afterparty, I spent most of my day helping out wherever I could. Like everyone else, I picked up and drove some guests to UNCW at 7:30, but then I also returned to pick up another guest who had slept in past their alarm. Unfortunately, we missed the first 30 minutes of Block 1 and the breakfast, but all three of us were able to watch the remaining films in the morning. Exhausted from a poor night's sleep, I tried to stay out of the theater as much as I could and on my feet so I would not doze off. I was able to help Jessica and Devon with the final touches on their video race, and I have to admit as skeptical as I was about leading the group, the Video Race was the highlight of my day. The rest of the day passed by in a blur of "go here" and "help them" until it was time for me to leave UNCW (and the dinner :( ) and pick up After Party things for Kebba. Luckily, my boyfriend was able to help me be in two places at once, or I would never have made it to Hell's Kitchen on time. Blowing up balloons takes FOREVER, and I had  to run downtown to pick up the cupcakes, which involved having Matthew teach me how to parallel park over the phone while I am racing against the cupcake's closing time. Tears were shed. Curses were screamed. All in all, I ended up driving to and from Downtown 4 times that night, and that was without having to pick up guests. After getting a big fat X written on my hand before entering Hell's Kitchen, I was pleasantly surprised to see all my gift bags neatly displayed by the stage thanks to Kebba and Matt. The awards ceremony went well, although I do wish I had taken the frames out of the bags and had the filmmakers take pictures holding them. After the ceremony, one of the winners went up to me to thank me, which was really sweet. One of the awards they received was something they had wanted for a very long time and they were super excited to receive it.

What still to do: Adrienne and I still need to do the Tax forms, which we have a due date of April 26th. The manual needs to be adjusted, and I need to email the sponsors one more time and thank them for their contribution, send the tax forms, and make sure everyone got what they were given.

All in all, I'd say Visions6 was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment